Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We've been Pre-Accepted

I'll be honest, I wanted to ignore the phone call from our agency this morning and I definitely pretended not to see the email they sent. Of course I wanted to know what they had decided about our pre-application but I didn't want to hear bad news either. But Rob and his "knowing-is-half-the-battle" attitude insisted that we check both the voicemail and email immediately.

I'm glad we did because WE'VE BEEN ACCEPTED or in adoption lingo: "We met all the eligibility requirements for both the agency and the desired country of adoption." It doesn't sound that exciting or flattering but basically it is the beginning of a long and complicated relationship with All God's Children International that won't end until we bring our little boy home.

Next step: submission of official application including photos (good news is that the pre-application serves as the actual screening tool so you can't really be denied from this stage; they use the application for more details and fuller picture of our family)

No comments: